Quality medicines targeting a greater part of society's burden of disease continue to be unaffordable in most African countries.
What We Do
We provide data-driven strategic sourcing of quality medicines from reputable manufacturers to serve the treatment needs of entire national populations.
We consolidate demand to create economies of scale and coordinate joint purchasing in order to reduce the cost of quality medicines.
We leverage our know-how to enable buyers to benefit from the best purchasing practices and supply opportunities.
Our mission is to improve access to quality medicines at prices affordable to buyers and patients.
Our vision is consistent and reliable availability of quality medicines where they are needed, when they are needed, at a cost affordable that is not a barrier to a patient getting treatment.
Quality. Affordability. Sustainability.
1. Create economies of scale balancing quality and fair prices.
2. Provide quality oversight to provide quality products.
3. Build on what is being done to improve efficiency and sustainability, without creating anything new.
4. Being socially responsible, independent and accountable.
5. Develop shared value partnerships for maximum impact.
6. Achieve clear measurable results and evaluate impact.
Our work contributes to Sustainable Development Goal 3.8
Health systems across the region are facing the challenge of how to get the right products to the right places in the right quantity at the right time. We bring treatments to millions more people at a cost affordable to them by addressing barriers that increase supply chain inefficiencies and the cost of essential medicines.
We enable health institutions to: